It is hereby announced for the information of the general public particularly farmers and farmers Co-operative Societies that the Delta State Government through the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources (MANR) has commenced the registration of farmers and out growers for participation in the Delta State Government’s programmes on: Cassava, Rice, Oil Palm, Fish, Vegetable and Pig production.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To make available credit to farmers at low interest rate;
- To make available to farmers improved seeds and other input for increased yield
- To assure farmers of ready market for their produce.
Towards the successful implementation of these programmes, the State Government in her commitment to ensuring food security through the Annual Budgeting is collaborating with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Nigeria Incentive-Based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL).
The enterprises and the conditions for participation by intending farmers are as follows:
- Evidence of ownership of land either leasehold or freehold for the period of the programme
- Willingness to enter into agreement with the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources and/or participating Banks on terms and conditions governing the programme
- Membership of Co-operative Society
- Preference will be giving to farmers in clusters
Accordingly, interested participants are by this announcement invited to register for the enterprises of their choice at the Offices of the State Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources in each of the 25 Local Government Areas or at its Headquarters in Asaba. The registration exercise is free.
Director of Information