7th June, 2018.
It is hereby announced for the information of the general public, particularly Deltans, that Legal Practitioners, Child’s Right Activists and stakeholders in the implementation and enforcement of Child’s Right, that the Chief Judge of Delta State, Honourable Justice Marshal Umukoro has inaugurated the Family Court in the State, pursuant to the Child’s Right Law of Delta State.
The Family Court, which operates at both the High Court and Magistrate Court levels has its sitting venues and registries at the following locations:
- Warri High Court of Justice No.4
- Agbor High Court of Justice, Agbor
- Ughelli High Court of Justice, Ughelli
- Asaba Magistrate’s Court, Asaba.
- Warri Magistrate’s Court, Warri.
- Ughelli Magistrate’s Court, Ughelli.
Accordingly, child’s right activists and family causes/matters can now be filed in the Family Court registries as designated above.
Director of Information